Does performance and Eco-friendliness need to be a choice?!
Our answer is: NOAP
You might think we are a plastic-free personal care company, but you would be wrong.
We are two women from New Jersey on a mission to cure plastic-blindness by offering products that actually work with a message to gently nudge people into environmental awareness. Burned by eco-friendly swaps over and over again, founders Kate Assaraf & Millie Rodriguez are determined to provide plastic-free options that don't feel like sacrifice. In a world where plastic-free & alarmist marketing are the focus of every new eco-friendly brand, we are laser focused on performance. Plastic-free is just a bonus.
Launched in April 2020, we are a self-funded, lean team of 2 nature lovers with huge ambitions & high standards. That means we can make our own rules--and our number one goal is not investor friendly: we want you to buy less. We made products that intentionally last a long time which means less trips to the store, more time to play outside. As the pandemic is teaching us all to reevalutate what "essential" means in our lives, we are happy to start a company that protects the ethos: all you need is less.
We also noticed that the unsung heroes of the environment are often overlooked: the endurance athletes, the swimmers, the skiers, the snowboarders, the triathletes, the trail-runners, the surfers, and yes, even the idle fire-side campers. We are those people ourselves; and we are tired of seeing plastic on our own natural playgrounds. It's those of us who connect to nature by going on soul searching runs in the woods or spending long days surfing with tired arms that actually bend at the waist to pick up garbage from our favorite places.
We launched NOAP: Nurture Our Amazing Planet
to celebrate them. We started with the shower but we have deodorant and a winter face serum launching by the end of Summer 2020.
Our current product offering:
- Our Everydayable Shampoo Bar was formulated for all hair types but with runners & athletes in mind: it solves the problem of "should I shower or train today?". There is zero-overwashed feeling and is packed with superhero ingredients like: hydrolyzed quinoa protein, baobab oil, black currant seed oil, almond oil, sunflower oil & coconut oil.
- Our Trifecta Conditioner Bar was specifically made to nourish all hair types with the intensity that salon products would with macadamia oil & kalahari melon seed oil. We also made sure it would help soften & protect hair from damage for people who love spending long days as their inner mermaid: after surfing in the ocean, after dipping in the pool, or lounging in the lake all day.
- Our About-Face Bar is packed with Marula & Rosehip oil to soothe skin & support elasticity after a little too much sun on your face.
- Our Puck Body Wash Bar is packed with activated charcoal and geranium oil which is known to have antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and astringent properties. It's made for people who play in the wild and might get some scrapes & bites on the way.
- Our Accessories solve all of the problems that make you not want to switch to bars in the first place. We know bar soap has its drawbacks, and we aren't shy about it!
Our goal is to continue to launch products that solve problems for those of us who love to be outdoors.